Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Monday, May 12, 2014

Time Out Challenge #5 - "Time Flies, Love Lasts"

Hello Crafters! So I'm taking a risk with this card but I knew it would fit the challenge from Time Out. When I saw the phrase, "Time Flies, Love Lasts," I couldn't help but think about one of our favorite shows, The Walking Dead. I mean that's everlasting love, lol! I was having a stressful week and I may have taken it out a bit on my loved one so I thought this little card would be very appropriate.

I love these little zombie themed stamps from Art Gone Wild. I colored the zombie girl with Prismacolor pencils and used gamsol to blend them. I also used some Stickles on her flower and lips as well as some black enamel for her eyes. I didn't want to get too gory so I kept the card more whimsical by stamping the scribbled circles with versamark and heat heating red embossing powder. The effect is very subtle in person. I used a die cut for the banner, distressed it and daubed a little red ink on the edges. I thought it needed something else. Twine looked too fussy so I used these cute little staples. The best part about the front of this card is that I put the zombie girl on an action wobble! It made me smile because when she moves it resembled a clumsy zombie!

I had this stamp set from Kelly Purkey and that phrase couldn't be more true! I can get a little snappy if I'm hungry, lol! I distressed the grey card stock and inked red around the edges. The sentiment is stamped in black, embossed with clear powder and then I applied red Stickles to give it a little sparkle. My favorite part of this card is the little hand print! I inked up my own hand with versamark and then embossed it with red powder. I thought it turned out pretty cool and looks like it was taken straight from a zombie's hand!

Here's a close up:

I just had to do a themed envelope too! I think I found this zombie hoard stamp in the dollar bin at Michaels and it fit perfectly on the back of the envelope. The black stripes are washi tape which is one of my favorite ways to embellish an envelope. Lastly, I hand wrote the little tag to look like it was written by a zombie.

Make sure to check out all of the other great entries in the Time Out Challenge. I hope you all enjoyed my little terror-ific card! Until next time!


SuppliesStamps: Art Gone Wild - Zombie Heads; Papertrey Ink - Circle Scribbles; Kelly Purkey - I Like You set; Purple Onion Designs - Come Dine With Me set (nom nom); Zombie stamp - Michaels
Other: Stickles - Xmas Red, Yellow; Ranger - Enamel Accents black; Versafine Onyx Black ink; Memento Lady Bug ink; Recollections - washi tape; American Crafts - red hemp twine; Action Wobble Spring; Tim Holtz - Tiny Attacher

 

3 comments:

  1. Almost passed this by. Zombies creep me out. Stopped to see why and understand now. Different take on a forgive me card. Zombies still freak me out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a different card, but one from the heart! Thanks for taking the Time Out to join us, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terror-ific indeed! :) It's so fun how our inspiration words can lead to different directions. You are very creative! Thanks for taking TIME OUT and joining our challenge!

    ReplyDelete