Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

New Puppy Cards

Happy Monday! Recently two of my co-workers adopted puppies and I wanted to do something special to commemorate their newest family members. I have a fur baby of my own so I thought it would be fun if he welcomed the puppies to the neighborhood. I broke out my Avery Elle Furry Friends stamp set and got to work.

First up is a card for a little girl pup:


I did some stamp masking with the pillow so that puppy appeared to be sitting on top of it. I colored her with my Copic markers. I then masked the puppy and the pillow so that I could do some ink blending with distress inks for the background.

For the frame, I die cut my colored piece and a piece of shimmery card stock so that I could make it an inlaid die cut. I then used a fun paw print embossing folder to emboss the front panel of my card base. Once assembled, it looked a little too plain. I decided to die cut some letters and use my clear Wink of Stella pen to make them shimmer. That was the perfect addition.

Here's some close up pictures along with the inside and the puppy herself.


The second card was for a boy puppy so I used the Happy Tails paper pack from Bo Bunny as my inspiration. I was also dying to use this neat die from My Favorite Things.


I first colored the pup and his accessories on some Copic friendly paper and fussy cut the images out. I then applied the patterned paper to the front of my card base and die cut them together so that I would have a nice window for the front of my card. Once I had lined up the little pup so he was centered, I popped him up with dimensional foam squares and glued the little accessories around him. To ground the image, I took a Prismacolor pencil and drew in a little ground shadow. I didn't use Copics because they would have bled through to the back of the card. For the sentiment, I used white embossing powder on a piece of black card stock which i cut a fish-tale in to make a little banner. I then used a small silver enamel dot as a accent.

Here's some close up pictures along with the inside and the little cutie:


I wanted to have the cards be from my dog Rufus, so I used this fun little paw print stamp and scribbled his name. He even got in on the card making fun:


That's all for today! Until next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment