Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Friday, October 16, 2015

Candy Corn Card

Happy Friday! Today I'm excited to combine two of my favorite things - Candy Corn and Shaker Cards! I just love the shaker dies that Papertrey Ink sell. They help make the process so easy and flawless. When I saw this one I just had to have it!


I started out by die cutting the Candy Corn shape from white card stock. I debated about using different colored card stock and piecing it together but it seemed more trouble than it was worth. I had some distress inks out on my desk and thought maybe I could ink blend the colors. Viola! For the backing of each window I die cut paper from Lawn Fawn in a striped pattern. I then filled the windows with coordinating sequin and seed bead colors and sealed it all up.

Here's a better look at the shaker elements. Just love the way they look like a real candy corn!


I had recently found this fun Halloween paper pack at Hobby Lobby from The Paper Studio called Trick or Trick. It had lots of great patterns including this adorable candy corn one. I rounded the corners and daubed a bit of black ink to help hide the white edges. I attached it and my shaker component to a black card base. The sentiment is from a cute set that My Favorite Things came out with last year called Spooky Sentiments. So fun! I heat embossed it in white on a piece of orange card stock and them trimmed the edges to create a little banner. I really liked how this card turned out. Again, I can't say enough about how easy Papertrey Ink makes shakers.

I'm entering this one into the colourQ Challenge #312. It matched perfectly with this fun Halloween color scheme. I just love this challenge blog and I'm glad to finally be able to play along. Be sure to check out all of the other great entries! Should really get you in the Halloween spirit!


http://colourq.blogspot.com/2015/10/colourq-challenge-312.html

Have a great weekend! Until next time!











No comments:

Post a Comment