Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Pretty Pumpkins

Happy Wednesday! For today's post I was inspired by the Pretty Pumpkin Challenge going on at Curtain Call. I had recently ordered a fun pumpkin set from Newton's Nook and it was sitting in my "stamps to use" basket just begging to used. Yes I have a "stamps to use" basket on my desk where I put new stamps sets that I need to use before order more, lol! It's such an addiction! Anywho, here is my card and the photo inspiration from Curtain Call.


I started out by picking four different pumpkin designs and stamped then in different colors I then stamped the stems in varying brown tones. Next I die cut all of the pieces with the coordinating dies and assembled then using a tiny bit of multi medium matte. I struggled a bit with a design then I remember purchasing some ribbon with a burlap feel from Jo-Ann's. I laid it out on the card and aligned the pumpkins. This seemed to work for me.

I then played around with sequins on the stark white background but it just seemed too busy. So my next idea was ink splatter. I used coordinating inks and went to town. I really like the subtle effect it gave the piece and also how it toned down all that bright white. I added a little bit of glossy accents to the word "thanks" on the gray pumpkin so it stood out a bit more. Here's a close up of the details.


Overall, simple little design and I liked the clean look of the card. I think it matched pretty well with the challenge photo. Please go over to Curtain Call and check out some of the amazing entries. I really enjoyed this challenge and will definitely be joining again in the future. Have a great day! Until next time!


http://curtaincallchallenge.blogspot.com/2015/10/curtain-call-inspiration-challenge_15.html




*The yellow ink I used was Stampin' Up Summer Starfruit which is now retired. Simon Says Stamp Catkin ink would be a very close substitute!

2 comments: