Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Stamping Bella Holiday Release Preview - Santa's Speedy Delivery

Hello Crafters! I have one last sneak peek for the new Stamping Bella Holiday Release! Remember all of the new products will be available for purchase on Saturday, September 3rd at the Stamping Bella shop. There are tons of holiday ones including this precious stamp called "Santa's Speedy Delivery." These new stamps have really gotten me into the Christmas spirit!


To begin, I colored the image with Copics and then fussy cut it out leaving a small white border around the entire image. I then added some details to Santa's trim using Crystal Stickles. I also grabbed my white gel pen to add polka dots to the little present he was carrying. Here are the Copics I chose to use for the image:


Next up, I wanted to create a winter scene and have Santa skating on a lake. To do that, I grabbed white cardstock and drew out some little hills. I then carefully cut out the hills and added a line of Stickles to the top of each one to represent sparkling snow. For the "lake" portion, I used a piece of iridescent foil paper which really looked like a lake of ice, especially when the light hit it. I lined up where my hills needed to go and then adhered this foil paper in between them. I grabbed a piece of patterned cardstock which looked like falling snow and adhered that for the sky. All of this was then adhered to my card base. Next it was time to add Santa to the scene. I popped him up using some foam tape. 

For the sentiment, I wanted to have it on the sky piece but it just wasn't standing out enough. So I stamped it on a piece of vellum and ran it through my Xyron sticker maker. This ensures that you won't see the adhesive through the vellum since the entire piece is covered in adhesive. I then added a few sparkly while enamel dots to help highlight the sentiment. I felt like I need one last embellishment, so I grabbed some bakers twine and wrapped it a couple times around the bottom of the card. This really helped balance the color of the sky and completed the design. Here's a close up of some of the little details:


Be sure to check out the Stamping Bella blog everyday this week for more sneak peeks leading up to the big release on Saturday, September 3rd! I'll be back on Wednesday with another fun sneak peek for you!

 Stamping Bella Shop

Supplies Used:



No comments:

Post a Comment