Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Friday, September 16, 2016

Bellarific Friday - Background Challenge

Happy Friday Crafters! It's Bellarific Friday over on the Stamping Bella blog and today's challenge was to create your own background. I selected the adorable stamp Smarty Cat and decided to use the little accessory stamps that come with it to create my own patterned paper.


I started with a piece of smooth Bristol paper and cut it slightly smaller than a standard A-2 size card. I then stamp the little ball of yarn, mouse and fish bone randomly all of the paper to create a pattern. Next I grabbed some of my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and did a little  messy water coloring on each little images. I also flicked some paint splatters just to get it a little more texture. I  stamped the little cat onto some Bristol smooth white cardstock and colored him up with some Zigs too. I added a bit of glossy accents to his glasses as well.

Here's the colors I chose to use and a little close up of the details.


I decided to do a little inlaid die cutting to really show off the image. To do this, I grabbed a stitched arch die and cut out a shape in my patterned paper. I then used the die on my cat image. I placed my cat image inside the space I had removed from the background. It fit perfectly but the cat disappeared just a tiny bit. So I decided to grab a piece of black fun foam and cut it using the same stitched arch die. I then adhered it to the back of my cat. This popped up the image and also because fun foam when die cut gets just a tiny bit bigger it allowed for a nice little black shadow which really helped the cat stand out from the busy background.

Before adhering everything to my card base, I grabbed some black and white twine and wrapped it a few times around which helped ground the cat image. I also stamped the cute sentiment that comes with the stamp onto a piece of white cardstock and cut a little slanted banner tail. I backed this with some polka dot cardstock. Everything then went on top of some more polka dot paper and adhered to my card base.

I hope you enjoyed this challenge and be sure to pop over to the Stamping Bella blog to see what all of the other Bellas have created. There are some amazing designs! I'm so lucky to be on this team with such a talented bunch of crafty ladies! Also, if you would like to participate in Bellariffic Fridays for a chance to be entered into a monthly drawing to win some Bella Bucks click on the link below for more details.


Next week's Bellariffic Friday challenge is a sketch challenge. Use the awesome (MOJO)Bella sketch below for your card design. I hope to see you all participate! Have a wonderful weekend and I'll see you again soon!



Supplies Used:

No comments:

Post a Comment