Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Friday, September 9, 2016

Bellarific Friday Sketch Challenge

Happy Friday Crafters! It's Bellarific Friday over on the Stamping Bella blog and today's challenge was to create a card using the following fabulous Mojobella sketch by Julee. 



I selected a super cute stamp set called Uptown Girls VICTORIA and JULIETTE's Night Out to be the centerpiece of my card. I stamped the image in Simon Says Stamp Intense Black ink onto some Copic friendly paper. For the color scheme, I was inspired by a new paper pack from My Mind's Eye called Hooray. I colored up the image and then added some special details using Stickles and Spica pens to achieve a look that gave the impression of sequins. I quite like how it turned out. I also added some Spectrum Noir glitter pen and glossy accents to the girls drinks.

Here's a close up of some of the little details:


As I mentioned, I was very inspired by the Hooray paper pack by My Mind's Eye and selected a few different patterns from that pack for my background. Following the guideline of the sketch, I layered the papers onto a plain card base. I die cut a scalloped oval from a piece of rose gold foil paper to frame my image. The sentiment came from another Stamping Bella set called Closeups Click and I heat embossed it in rose gold powder to tie it back to the paper. After adhering the girls, I had to pull out my enamel dots to finish off the design. I think I may be addicted to using them!

Be sure to pop over to the Stamping Bella blog to see what the other Bellas have created for this sketch challenge. They are sharing some beautiful designs! Also, if you would like to participate in Bellariffic Fridays for a chance to be entered into a monthly drawing to win some Bella Bucks click on the link below for more details.

 Bellarific Fridays


For next week, the Bellariffic Friday challenge is to create your own background. Here's your chance to join us! Have a wonderful weekend and I'll see you again soon!

Supplies Used:




No comments:

Post a Comment