Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Monday, September 5, 2016

Just a Note Card - Color Throwdown #408

Happy Monday! I'm excited to share a card that I created after being inspired by the current Color Throwdown Challenge which called out primary colors of red, blue, green and yellow. I was dying to use this shaker die from Papertrey Ink and this was the perfect challenge to bring it out. 


I really enjoy using these shaker dies because they make the process so easy! I started by grabbing some polka dot cardstock in red, yellow, gray, khaki and black. I die cut the various parts of the pencil and then began adhering them all together. Once that was complete, I grabbed some acetate for the window and some fun foam to create the shaker container. Once I had assembled those pieces I filled the two separate windows with red & yellow sequins and seed beads and then adhered the backer piece to keep everything contained. 

For the card background, I used blue patterned paper adhered to a 5"x5" card base. I then used a notebook die to die cut a little piece of patterned notebook paper and backed that with a piece of chevron paper in primary colors. This is a direct inspiration from the Color Throwdown photo. I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment onto the notebook page. I also die cut the scribble to put underneath the pencil. Lastly, I needed a few little embellishments so I grabbed some enamel dots and stars from my stash to finish off the design. 

Here's a closer look at the card and all the fun little details! 



I really love how this turned out and I think it would be a perfect Teacher card. I hope you enjoyed my card for today and be sure to pop over the the Color Throwdown Challenge to check out all of the creative and fun designs that everyone did. It's always so inspiring!

 Color Throwdown Challenge

Have a wonderful day and I'll see you again soon!

Supplies Used:

No comments:

Post a Comment