Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Saturday, October 22, 2016

Bellarific Friday - Photo & Color Challenge

Hello Crafters! What a long week this has been. I'm happy to report that we are finally getting some "fall" weather here in Florida. Everyday is getting less humid and cooler. Just in time for one of my favorite holiday, Halloween! For this week's Bellarific Friday card, we were asked to use the following as inspiration. I just love the color palette and really felt inspired by this challenge. I choose one of my favorite stamps from the recent new release called UPTOWN GIRL KITTY loves HALLOWEEN. She is just so adorable and I could wait to color her!



I wanted to add some texture to her dress so I decided to do a little paper piercing. This is such a fun technique and is an easy way to add extra interest to an image. I stamped the image onto the piece of pattern paper that I wanted to use. I used my MISTI so that I could get a pretty solid black line. This makes it easier to fussy cut. I then stamped the image in Simon Says Stamp Intense Black Ink onto a piece of white X-Press It Blending Card. I fussy cut the dress parts out of the patterned paper. This was particularly persnickety on her sleeves! Once finished, I adhered these pieces in place onto the stamped white image, pulled out my Copic markers and got to work. I did some shading on the pattern pieces as this brings the image to life more. The colors will still blend but you have to be careful not to over saturate. Also, Copics will look different on patterned papers so you might want to test them first. Here's a close up of the image and what colors I used:


After the image was complete, I used a stitched rectangle die to cut it out and give the white piece more interest. I also wanted to give her outfit a bit of sparkle so I grabbed some purple Stickles, Glossy Accents and a clear Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen. I applied the Stickles to the ruffles on her skirt, neckline and cuffs. The glossy accents went on her glass and the pumpkin's face. I then coated her mask, all of the red accents and the pumpkin with the sparkle pen. 

For the background, I choose this fun Halloween paper with adorable little cats which went perfectly with Kitty. I also chose some plaid paper that coordinated well with the color palette of the challenge. For my card base, I picked a vibrant purple cardstock. I then layered all of the pieces making sure my image stood front and center. 

 I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of orange patterned paper and then rounded the edges and ran a little black ink around it .This ensured it didn't blend too much into the background. For the finishing touch, I grabbed my go to enamel dots and placed a few of them around. Here's one more closeup:


I just love Halloween cards and I really like how Kitty turned out. This was a super fun challenge!

Don't forget to check out the Stamping Bella blog and see what the rest of the Design Team created. These women always inspire me and come up with such fun designs! Also, if you would like to participate in Bellariffic Fridays for a chance to be entered into a monthly drawing to win some Bella Bucks click on the link below for more details.


Next week's Bellariffic Friday challenge is a sketch challenge. Use the fun (MOJO)Bella below as inspiration for your card design. I would love to see you all participate! Have a wonderful weekend and I'll see you again soon!


Supplies Used:

No comments:

Post a Comment