Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Friday, October 14, 2016

Bellarific Friday - Sketch Challenge

Hello Crafters! I'm excited to be back and sharing my card for this week's Bellarific Friday sketch challenge.  Here's the awesome (MOJO) Bella sketch by Julee Tilman we were given to use. I couldn't help but choose a fun Halloween image and Tiny Townie Willow the Witch is one of favorites! She's so sassy and I love the little chicks all decked out in Halloween outfits! The image includes two more chicks on her right side but because the space in the sketch was more vertical, they got edited out. I did save them for a future project though! 



I stamped the image using Simon Says Stamp Intense Black ink onto a piece of white X-Press It Blending Card. These are my go-to supplies for coloring with Copics. My favorite part of this image was creating her skirt. I chose several different BV colors and applied them using a flicking stroke. I also wanted it to appear glittery so I used the "dotting" technique in the shadow areas just to give it a more textured look. Here's a close up and the Copic colors I used. 


Once she was all colored, I couldn't resist pulling out my Copic Spica pens and dotting a ton of little glitter dots in both silver and purple all over her skirt and hat. I also applied some little white dots using a gel pen. This give the illusion of sequins. But I couldn't stop there, so I finished embellishing the images with some stickles and my clear Spectrum Noir sparkle pen. I swear I have a serious addition to all things glitter! 

Next I choose some patterned papers that would help the image pop. Since there was a diamond shape in sketch, I used this as inspiration in choosing a piece of green and black paper with a harlequin pattern. It's from an old Michael's Halloween paper pack that's no longer available but I've seen similar patterns in different Halloween paper packs.

I adhered my little witch flat onto this patterned paper and then applied foam tape to the back of the whole piece. I cut the orange paper down to size and wrapped some black twine around it taping it to the back to secure it in place. I tied a little bow separately and glued this down to the twine. I find this way easier than trying to fiddle with tying the perfect bow with the wrapped pieces. I then adhered this panel down to my card base and secured the piece with my image on top. I had made sure that there was a space between the foam tape on the back of the image so that the twine fit in nicely and it made my card more flat and even. 

For the sentiment, I cut a piece of dark purple cardstock to a inch and a half square and turned it sideways to create my diamond. I then heat embossed the word "Boo!" in white. I adhered this piece next to the witch using a combination of foam tape and flat adhesive to ensure the sentiment also laid flat. Lastly, I had to add a few little enamel dots to the corner just to tie everything together. 

Here's a close up of some of the little details:


I really enjoyed using this sketch this week. It's always a nice way to get inspired and step out of my little card making box. I don't typically give out Halloween cards but I absolutely love to make them! I'm going to have a little Halloween Card Series on my Instagram starting next week, counting down the days until Halloween. Be sure to follow me if you haven't already.

Also, don't forget to hop over to the Stamping Bella blog and check out what the rest of the Design Team created. These Bellas are so talented! Did I mentioned I'm so proud to be apart of this team?  Also, if you would like to participate in Bellariffic Fridays for a chance to be entered into a monthly drawing to win some Bella Bucks click on the link below for more details.


Next week's Bellariffic Friday challenge is a color and photo challenge. Use the photo and/or colors below as inspiration for your card design. I would love to see you all participate! Have a wonderful weekend and I'll see you again soon!


Supplies Used:

No comments:

Post a Comment