Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Game On! Stamping Bella Stamp of the Month!

Happy Sunday Crafters! I wanted to let you know that you still have time to pick up October's Stamp of the Month called Game On by Mo Manning. I struggle with making masculine cards but this stamp made it easy because it's fairly large and can really be the focus of your card. 


I stamped the image onto Bristol smooth white cardstock with Ranger Archival Jet Black ink because I wanted to color with Zig Clean Color real brush markers and I tend to get the best results with this combination. I find Zigs to be really intense if you use them directly on the paper, so I color them onto an acrylic block and use a brush with a tiny bit of water to apply the color to the image. Because Bristol paper isn't watercolor paper you have to be careful how much water you apply. A tiny bit goes a long way!

Once the image was complete, I chose some coordinating patterned paper and cut out a wonky window using a die. I used foam tape to give this piece some dimension and then adhered the image piece to the back so my image was peeking out of the window. For my card base, I used a piece of Neenah Desert Storm cardstock cut to a A2 size and navy cardstock as mat for the plaid paper. For the sentiment, I decided to use a happy birthday word die cut out of the same navy cardstock. I adhered this right under the wonky window. To finish off the card, I wrapped some natural twine around the bottom and added a couple copper square brads to the top left corner. 

For more inspiration, click here to check out what the rest of the Stamping Bella design team did with this stamp. Remember it's the Stamp of the Month for October so you only have a couple more days to pick it up for 20% off. Click the link below for more details. 


I hope you have a great day and I'll see you again real soon! 

Supplies Used:






No comments:

Post a Comment