Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Saturday, November 26, 2016

Bellarific Black Friday - Card Sketch!

Happy Black Friday weekend and Bellarific Friday! I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and were able to celebrate good food and great memories with your family and friends. This week's Bellarific Friday challenge was a sketch challenge. I wanted to do something very fall like so I chose an adorable little stamp called Tiny Townie Patricia Loves Pumpkins


This time I switched up my MO and grabbed Prismacolor pencils. I stamped the image in black ink onto a piece of Neenah Dessert Storm 110 pound card stock. I love the look of colored pencils on kraft paper. It's definitely very fall like! I did quite a bit of color layering starting with lighter colors first and adding darker colors for shadows. You also have to use a light hand and really layer it up. In the end, I did use some Gamsol with a blending stump just to ensure my colors were well blending. I'm still getting a hang of colored pencils and after making this card will get them out a bit more. 

I let the following sketch inspire my background. I grabbed a bunch of different patterned papers in fall patterns and layered them up. After adhering them all, I secured my image piece and added a few coordinating enamel dots. For the final touches, I added Spica glitter pens and glossy accents to some of the elements. Here's a closer look at the little details I added. 


Hop over to the Stamping Bella blog and see what the rest of the Design Team created. Also, if you would like to participate in Bellariffic Fridays for a chance to be entered into a monthly drawing to win some Bella Bucks click on the link below for more details.

Next week's Bellariffic Friday challenge is to use holiday colors. Hope you join along and create something with us! Have a wonderful day and I'll be back soon! 

Supplies Used:






No comments:

Post a Comment