Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Bellarific Friday - Friendship Challenge

Happy Bellarific Friday! (Or Sunday, lol!) It's been a crazy week at work so I finally have a few quiet moments to upload my card for this week's challenge. The theme was FRIENDSHIP and I knew just what stamp I wanted to use...


When I first saw this stamp CLOSEUPS "CLINK" I felt it was begging to be a shaker card. I started by coloring the image with Copics. Once that was complete, I used an exacto knife to carefully cut out the portion of the glasses where the liquid was and then backed that area with a piece of acetate to create my shaker windows. I next grabbed some foam tape and built up my shaker areas. I used a double layer of foam tape since I knew I was using seed beads and those shake better with a bit more room.

One of my favorite adult beverages is a Moscato Wine Spritzer so that's what I chose to recreate. I used a peachy yellow color in the background of the shaker window and covered it in the beautiful Pink Champagne Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen. It's so sparkly in person and when I added the seed beads it looked just like the refreshing spritzer!

For the rest of the card, I chose some pretty teal papers and created two frames around my shaker window. I heat embossed the sentiment in white and adhered it to the top of frame. For my finishing touches, I added glossy accents & Spectrum Noir clear sparkle to some of jewelry. I then used Nuvo Jewel Drops in Grey Mist on the bracelets to make them look a bit more like sterling silver. I'm loving the new jewel drops because they dry translucent with just a hint of color. If you haven't tried them, I highly recommend them!

Hop over to the Stamping Bella blog and see what the rest of the BellaBabes created using the theme of "Friendship." Also, if you would like to participate in Bellariffic Fridays for a chance to be entered into a monthly drawing to win some Bella Bucks click on the link below for more details.


Next week's Bellariffic Friday challenge is the really beautiful image below. I already have some ideas of how to interpret it and can't wait to get started! I hope you join along and create something with us! Have a wonderful day and I'll be back soon! 


No comments:

Post a Comment