Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Friday, February 24, 2017

Bellarific Friday - Photo Inspiration

It's Bellarific Friday today over on the Stamping Bella blog. This week's challenge was to be inspired by the photo below. I loved the color combo of the peachy pink drink and blueberries. I wanted to use a sassy Uptown Girl so I chose one that I hadn't stamped yet called Madison Has A Margarita. She is too fun! I just adore her curly hair and the hand on her hip. 



I stamped the image in Simon Says Stamp Intense Black Ink onto my go to X-Press Copic paper and colored her up. The design in the glasses inspired me to make her dress sparkly. I grabbed my black and silver Spica markers and used a dot technique in the shadow areas to give the appearance of tiny sequins. To up the illusion a little more, I used a white gel pen to add a few more dots and then a couple "sparkle" marks. It's amazing how much that makes the image pop and it's so easy to do! I also decided to add some rose gold stickles to the ruffles of her dress because why not add more sparkle! Here are the Copic colors I used in this image:


I used a stitched scalloped edge die to cut a fun border on one side of the colored image. To tie in more of the peachy pink color, I chose a piece of gray card stock that had rose gold foil dots. I also cut a strip of rose gold foil and layered those pieces under my image panel. For the sentiment, I heat embossed it onto a piece of coordinating blue cardstock and positioned it to overlap the image a little. I couldn't leave the little glass alone, so I colored on some clear Spectrum Noir sparkle pen and then covered it in glossy accents. Here's a closer peek of the details:


Be sure to check out the Stamping Bella blog to see what the rest of the BellaBabes came up with. Also, if you would like to participate in Bellariffic Fridays for a chance to be entered into a monthly drawing to win some Bella Bucks click on the link below for more details.

Next week's Bellarific Friday challenge is free form. All you have to do is use a current Stamping Bella stamp. I hope you join along and create something with us! Have a wonderful weekend!






No comments:

Post a Comment