Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Happy Valentine's Day - Stamping Bella Stamp of the Month

Happy Valentine's Day! I hope everyone is having a day filled with hugs and love! Today's card uses the Stamping Bella stamp of the month called Uptown Girl Catherine Nibbling Chocolate. And who doesn't want to nibble chocolate? She is just the cutest and I absolutely love her frilly dress! And guess what? She's 20% off all month long! 


I started by stamping the image in Simon Says Stamp Intense Black Ink onto a piece of X-Press Copic paper. My color scheme was inspired by the traditional colors of Valentine's Day. I've been practicing coloring pleats and I'm not sure this is completely successful but definitely getting closer! Practice makes perfect! Here are the colors I used:


After coloring, I trimmed the piece down and matted it with a piece of pink foil paper. I then chose a fun heart pattern paper for my background to tie in the colors of her dress. I wanted to add a little bit of texture so I grabbed a piece of lace trim from my stash. I taped the edge of the lace onto the back of the matted image and then adhered that to the card base. It added a nice little girly touch!

To finish my card, I picked out a handful of translucent enamel hearts and scattered them around the image. I then added a little bit of purple stickles to the lacey trim on her dress. It dried a bit brighter than I was wanting but in the end I think it worked well with the heart paper in the background. Here's a closer look at some of the details.


Be sure to pop over to the Stamping Bella shop to pick up Catherine. Clink the link below. Have a wonderful day and I'll be back soon! 



1 comment: