Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Friday, May 5, 2017

Happy May Crafters! This year is just flying by! A new month brings a new Stamp of the Month over at Stamping Bella. This month's stamp is a beautiful one called MASON JAR OF FLOWERS and it's 20% off all month long! The coordinating Cut It Out die is also available and remember if you bundle them you can save more! Click the link below for more information. 



This week's challenge was "free form." When I first saw this stamp I knew I wanted to make it into a shaker card. I stamped the image onto a piece of Canson XL watercolor paper using versamark ink and then heat embossed it with ultra fine silver embossing powder. I loved working with my Tombow Dual Brush Pens on last week's card so I decided I pull the out again. I applied them directly to the paper then used a slightly damp paintbrush to pull the color out. I just love how blendable these pens are and how you can keep adding color. After coloring the entire image, I stamped and embossed it a second time and colored just the area that would be seen through the shaker window.

I wanted to add a little bit more detail to the piece so I grabbed a stitched rectangle die and cut the image down to size. Next was time to create my window. I used an Exacto knife to carefully cut out the inside of the jar and around the little bit of ribbon. Let me tell you this was a challenge, but so worth the time! I adhered a piece of acetate to the back of the window and then built up the shaker area with a double layer of foam tape. I selected some clear, iridescent and blue sequins to fill the window and carefully adhered the colored image inside piece so that it lined up seamlessly.

For the card base, I grabbed a pretty piece of script paper and then glued a small strip of pink along the right hand side. I added my shaker piece to the card and because the window was already popped up it had some nice dimension. For the sentiment, I stamped it onto a coordinating piece of teal card stock and adhered it to the card. Lastly,  I added some beautiful Vintage Sheer sequins from Studio Katia around the image and I also had to use a bit of Spectrum Noir clear sparkle pen to the flowers for a little bit more shimmer.

Here's a closer look at the card:


Hop over to the Stamping Bella blog and see what the rest of the BellaBabes created with this month's Stamp of the Month. It's so fun to see what all of us come up with for the same stamp. Also, if you would like to participate in Bellariffic Fridays for a chance to be entered into a monthly drawing to win some Bella Bucks click on the link below for more details.


Next week's Bellariffic Friday challenge is the fabulous (MOJO)bella sketch below! Hope you join along and create something with us! Have a wonderful day and I'll be back soon! 









No comments:

Post a Comment