Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Friday, June 9, 2017

Sketch Challenge for Bellarific Friday using Dragons!

Hello Crafters! It's time for another Bellarific Friday challenge on the Stamping Bella blog. This week's inspiration was the great Mojo Bella sketch below. I decided to pull out the SET OF DRAGONS stamps and the coordinating "CUT IT OUT" dies. These are some of the cutest images! (On a side note, you can bundle the Cut It Out dies and stamp set for a 15% savings! Awesome!) 

Here's what I came up with:



I wanted to create a masculine card this week so I chose my color scheme from the adorable Dragon Tails paper pack from Doodlebug. There are some precious patterns, perfect for a little boy's card. I stamped three different dragons with Simon Says Stamp Intense black ink onto a piece of X-Press It Copic blending paper. I used the Copic color match chart to pick my markers. I love how easy this chart makes picking markers to closely match cardstock. Check out a previous post I did that showed an example of this chart, here. I used a dot technique to give the dragons the look of texture and scales. This is any easy thing to do to bring creatures to life. After my images were colored, I used the coordinating "Cut It Out" dies to cut the images. 

Here's a look at the colors that I used:



I cut a piece of plaid paper from the Dragon Tails pack down to size matching the inspiration sketch. I adhered this in place on the card base. I then chose a coordinating piece of gray stock and used a MFT die called Stitched Triple Peek-a-Boo Window & Edge to cut out the circles. I applied foam tape to the back of the gray piece and adhered white cardstock behind the windows. This gave me a more neutral background for the dragons. I adhered each dragon to the windows using a mix of foam tape and tape runner. I wanted certain areas of them to be popped up and others to be flat. Once that piece was completed, I adhered it down to the plaid paper and card base. I grabbed a few different sizes and colors of enamel dots to accent the windows. 

I chose a sentiment from the DRAGON SENTIMENTS stamp set and heat embossed it onto a piece of orange cardstock. I wanted something a little more interesting than a standard banner so I grabbed another MFT die called Fishtail Flag Frames and cut the sentiment out. I like the little frame this die creates. It gives it a little more umpf. To complete the card, I grabbed my glossy accents and highlighted the dragons' little spikes and I also applied some Spectrum Noir clear sparkle to the wings. Here's a closer look at the dimension and details of my card:


Hop over to the Stamping Bella blog and see what the rest of the Design Team created using the MojoBella sketch. There are some amazing designs today! Also, if you would like to participate in Bellariffic Fridays for a chance to be entered into a monthly drawing to win some Bella Bucks click on the link below for more details.


Next week's Bellariffic Friday challenge is a LOVE/WEDDING/ANNIVERSARY card using a CURRENT Stamping Bella Stamp! Hope you join along and create something with us! Have a wonderful day and I'll be back soon!









No comments:

Post a Comment