Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Saturday, July 15, 2017

Bellarific Friday - Mojo Bella Sketch Challenge

Hello Crafters! It's another Bellarific Friday (on Saturday) for you today! This week's challenge was a fantastic MojoBella sketch below. When I saw the sketch I knew I wanted to create a shaker window for the center circle.  I also wanted to finally use the adorable UNICORN SENTIMENT SET. For anyone who knows me, they know that unicorns are my spirit animal. I believe I own every type of unicorn stamp set out there and this one is one of my favs! 



Here's a peek at what the card looks like all shook up!


To start my card, I stamped the Unicorn in Simon Says Stamp Intense Black ink onto a piece of X-Press It blending card. I then grabbed some Copic markers and did some very simple coloring. I selected my colors by matching them to a new paper pack I bought from Echo Park called Perfect Princess. After the image was colored, I fussy cut around it leaving a narrow white outline. Save yourself from doing this by getting the coordinating "Cut It Out" die for this image! Here are the Copic colors I used for the little unicorn:


Next, I started constructing my shaker circle. I taped together two stitched circle dies to create the frame and cut it from a piece of coordinating purple cardstock. I then used the larger of the two circle dies to cut a piece of acetate and my backer piece. I adhered the acetate circle onto the back of the purple frame. I then grabbed my roll of foam tape and applied two layers of foam to the back to create the shaker well. I selected various iridescent sequins and confetti and sprinkled them in the well. Once I was happy with the amount, I adhered the patterned backer piece to seal the shaker window. I wanted to add a little more sparkle to the window so I die cut a neat star frame from a piece of silver glitter paper and adhered it to the front of the purple frame. 

I next focused on my card background. To match the sketch, I selected two papers from the Echo Park Perfect Princess pack, trimmed them down to size and adhered them to my A2 card base. I then adhered my shaker window to the base. I noticed I didn't really have the best location for my little unicorn, so I decided to cut some clouds and arranged them so that my unicorn would have a better place to stand. I glued some of the clouds flat and popped up some with foam tape. I really like how this addition made the card come to life. 

I knew I wanted to use this great sentiment and I played around with placement but ultimately I thought it would fit perfectly on the cloud. Since I had already adhered the cloud into place and I didn't want to risk messing up the stamping, I decided to stamp it onto a piece of vellum and then adhere that on top of the cloud. I stamped it in versamark clear ink and used silver embossing powder to create the shiny look. It matched perfectly with the other silverish accents I used on the card.

Now what's a unicorn without a little sparkle? For the finishing touches, I applied Stickles to her mane and tail, coated her entire body with Spectrum Noir clear sparkle and added glossy accents to her horn. I also scattered some star sequins to the clouds just to add that final magic touch. Here's a closer look at all of the sparkle and shine:


Be sure to check out the Stamping Bella blog and see what the rest of the Design Team created using this sketch as inspiration. If you would like to participate in Bellarific Fridays for a chance to be entered into a monthly drawing to win some Bella Bucks click on the link below for more details.


Next week's Bellarific Friday challenge is CHRISTMAS IN JULY!  Ink up any current Stamping Bella image that reminds you of Christmas and send it in! Hope you join along and create something with us! Have a wonderful day and I'll be back soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment