Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Monday, August 7, 2017

August Stamp of the Month for Bellarific Friday

Hello Crafty Friends! I can not believe it's August! Where on earth is this year going? A new month brings a new Stamp of the Month over at Stamping Bella and this month it's the absolutely precious BEDELIA the BUNNY. All month long you can pick her up for 20% off. How could you say no to that sweet little face? 





I chose watercolor as my color medium this week. I started by stamping the image onto Strathmore watercolor paper in versamark clear ink and then heat setting it with gold embossing powder. I then decided to pull out my dusty Distress markers. They use to be my go to for watercolor several years ago and it was nice to use them again. They are super easy to use and very cost effective. 

My palette is a laminated piece of white cardstock. I use to use an acrylic block but it could be hard to see the colors clearly. With the laminated cardstock you can clearly see what colors you are using plus it's a breeze to clean and so easy to take with you for on the go crafting. I scribbled the colors I wanted, applied a tiny squirt of water from my Distress sprayer to wet it, then applied the color with my favorite brush the Silver Black Velvet size 2. 


After the image was complete, I used a rectangle die to cut the piece down to size. Next I focused on my card base. I selected a beautiful piece of floral patterned paper for the background. I then pulled out some gold foil cardstock so that I could die cut a stitched frame and a mat for the image. I knew I wanted to use the thanks die but was having a hard time with placement. I just happen to lay it across the image and realized that the little bunny could hold it. I pulled out my exacto knife and sliced around her paws. I then slid the thanks die underneath and secured it into place. I adhered this to the gold mat and thought it could use one more layer so I added a piece of dark purple cardstock. All of these layers along with the gold frame were adhered to my standard A2 size card base. 

Next it was time for embellishing! I pulled out some gold sequins in various sizes and adhered them around the scene. I applied clear Wink of Stella to the thanks word die and also to the purple flowers on her head. You have to have a light hand when doing this because the Distress markers will reactive with the Wink of Stella. A dab will do you! Here's a closer look at some of the sparkle and shine:


The set comes with a great sentiment that I definitely wanted to incorporate so I decided to showcase it on the inside of the card. I stamped the sentiment in black and then stamped the image in a coordinating purple ink. And that finished my card!


Be sure to check out the Stamping Bella blog and see the rest of the Bellas created using Bedelia!  If you would like to participate in Bellarific Fridays for a chance to be entered into a monthly drawing to win some Bella Bucks click on the link below for more details. 



Next week's Bellarific Friday challenge is the fantastic Mojo Bella sketch below. Hope you join along and create something with us! Have a wonderful day and I'll be back soon!







No comments:

Post a Comment